Monday, March 4, 2013

Over the Last Month or Two...

First of all, check out this girl's website called Ashtyn's Army. My mom stumbled upon it through Facebook (I think) and said I should look at it! She is 12 years old and is battling leukemia. What a fighter! The posts are full on inspiration and I honestly think I am a better person for reading it!

Second, Today is kind of (and I use the term "kind of" loosely) a break from the "serious" stuff-  and this is why:
 
1. I'm kinda tired and I can't think
2. I think it's time to update you on how I'm doing and feeling
and 3. I love stuff that makes me laugh, and that's what some of this post will be!
 
UPDATE: As you might remember from reading my first couple of posts, I am battling round 3 of cancer right now. The first in early 2010, second in 2012, and now the third. In December, just three months ago, I had a 13 1/2 hour surgery to remove cancer and the cancer infected bone in my chin. The doctors took out my fibula- the tiny bone in my left leg- and put it in place of the infected bone. I had another surgery in January to remove just a little more bone, and they put in a spacer so that if there was more cancer to take out, it could easily be removed. Thankfully, there was no sign of cancer in the bone, and I am looking at one more surgery this month to replace the spacer with a little bit of bone from my hip. Gee, isn't it amazing what they can do with health care these days?
 
I'm honestly feeling really great. Here are just some of the things I've done to keep busy.
 
 
Netflix. Lots and lots of netflix. (Malcolm in the Middle is my new show)
 
(If you can read it, this picture is a bunch of words that describe me)
 
 Photoshop. (Credit to Jessica Savage for the one above. I got the idea from one of her pictures.)
 
 
Facebook. It's addicting, but I've gotten better!
 
 
Helping with the wedding.
 
 
This blog! Hope you are enjoying it.
 
I basically don't do to much. I just am recovering. It's really nice, because I'm so used to being real busy, but it's weird to have nothing to do.
 
 SWITCHING GEARS: I was on some antibiotics with the two hospital stays in December and one in January. Because of that, I've had some pretty awesome, funny, and whacky dreams. I want to share just a few of them with you:
  • I was sitting in church on the bench, right next to the aisle. Just a normal Sunday. President Monson comes in to the chapel. Of course, everyone is standing out of respect, and as he is walking toward the front stand, he stops right at my row, looks me in the eye, and says, "Erik, how are you doing, really?" Coolest. Dream. Ever.
  • I met the Queen of England. I don't remember really any details, but I think it was the same night as my Pres. Monson dream.
  • Now this one is the best one (besides the Pres. Monson one): I was in the Winter Olympics and I was competing in skiing. The course we were about to ski was my driveway. For those of you that know where I live- this dream is probably a bit more realistic. Anyway, I was competing against some of the top skiiers in the world! The buzzer to start the race went off. I was the only one who heard it, so I was half way down the hill when the others realized the race had started. Won that heat. 1st place!! And I got 4th overall.
I really wish I would've written down the dreams I had right after I woke up! This is all I can remember off the top of my head. But my mom is a witness, I would come into the kitchen and say, "Man, I had the craziest dream last night!" And this happened quite a few times. :)
 
 
To end, PLEASE watch this video. It's just downright hilarious.
 
 
 
Until next time, keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment