Saturday, December 31, 2016

Life is What You Make It

Wow. I seriously cannot believe it is the last day of 2016.

This year has flown by- but at the same time, it's been a long year. Isn't it crazy to think back and look at how much has gone on in just 365 days? At this time last year, I was home for Christmas break, spending one more week at home before heading back up to Logan for the spring semester, and recuperating from the interesting semester that was Fall 2015.


As I look at the end of 2016, there are a lot of emotions that I'm feeling. Grateful that the year is over, sad that I'm leaving behind great memories of the year, and a new hope as we symbolically get to "start again."

I see some people whine and complain about how awful 2016 was, and for the next minute, I'd like to speak to you (and I mean it in the most loving way): Grow up. Sure, 2016 might have been bad to you... I've seen complaints about celebrity deaths, hard times, the tough year that just took too much. GUYS, I AM LITERALLY DYING and yet I call 2016 a success. If this was a bad year, please just take a minute and count your blessings. I am happy. Me, of all people. So please find your reason to be happy and stick to it.

In my life experiences, I am certain more and more every day that life is what you make it. If you want life to be hard, it's going to be hard. If you want life to be fun and adventurous, then again, you've got it. Yes, there are circumstances in life that cannot be controlled- for example, my cancer- but I have decided that I will worry about what I can control.



And I hope you do the same.


Happy new year, friends. Use tonight as a chance to revamp your life, to reassess your goals, and reevaluate how you can make today the best day ever!

Keep running.



2 comments: