Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Birthday Project

My birthday is on SATURDAY! And I have a way to celebrate that you can help me with. Two options I'm throwing out there- you can join in on one, or both, or whatever you'd like!


1. I have a handful of ancestor names through FamilySearch that have been waiting to receive temple ordinances. Scheri Marrow, from the ward, has graciously offered to hand out these ordinances. I have a few hundred ordinances, and I'd love for you to take a name the next time you attend the temple! We are in the beginning stages of working this out, so watch for another post next week about this. :)


2. My good friend Joshua Palmer started what he called the "Erik Gray Challenge." In his own words: "The #erikgraychallenge is simple: find something that you haven't done yet, but have always wanted to do. Climb a mountain, go skydiving, eat a quadruple from Wendy's, something that you've never had the courage to do before. Do this thing, and share your experience on the internets. Use this achievement in your life to show yourself that you aren't the victim of your circumstances, but that you can live the life that you want to, regardless of the situations you might be in. For me, I shaved my head. I may not have control over my emotions all of the time, but I do control whether or not there is hair on my head. If you decide to take the #erikgraychallenge , make sure to use the hashtag #erikgraychallenge , in case you didn't gather from the preceding paragraph that the name of the #erikgraychallenge is the #erikgraychallenge."







So this is what I want for my birthday. Do something for someone else through temple service, or do something that utterly scares you that also makes you scream YOLO. Or both. Who's in?

Keep running.



1 comment:

  1. Erik, I want to do this to honor you. I have not yet decided what to do, but I will do something. Whenever I read your words I am filled with strength and hope - you are an amazing human being put on this earth for a reason. You have lived and learned more in your 24 years on earth than most people do in a long lifetime. I love and admire your family from our days in Cedar City. You are a shining example of enduring well. Thank you. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete